Prohibited items and subject matter:
- Alcoholic ingredients
- Contests (entry fees, prize money, within your project to encourage support, etc)
- Drugs, drug-like substances, drug paraphernalia, tobacco, etc
- Energy drinks
- Financial incentives (ownership, share of profits, repayment/loans, etc)
- Firearms, weapons, and knives
- Gambling. Raffles, lotteries, and sweepstakes
- Interest (Riba)
- Items not directly produced by the project or its creator (no offering things from the garage, repackaged existing products, weekends at the resort, etc)
- Multilevel marketing and pyramid programs
- Non-Halal food or ingredients
- Offensive material (profanity, inappropriate content, etc)
- Pork based products or where it is an ingredient.
- Pornographic material
- Projects endorsing or opposing a political candidate
- Projects promoting violence
- Real estate
All of the above will be interpreted at the discretion of the Halalfunder team.
The following crowdfunding models are supported by Halalfunder:
- Fundraising with or without small incentives (such as T-shirts or mugs)
- Nonprofit organization fundraising
- Fundraising in exchange for compatible value of products/services
Fundraising Guidelines and Restrictions
Halalfunder does not support personal fundraising, political contributions, micro lending, disaster relief, or equity-based funding models.
If your application raises funds for a nonprofit organization (NPO) you might be required to provide supporting documentation, including but not limited to an Article of Incorporation, proof of 501(c) registration, or other associated documents.
If you are offering rewards or incentives for contribution, you may have a nominal reward value of no more than $100.00 USD. Rewards or incentives must not include gift cards, equity shares, raffles, or sweepstakes.